The Syren’s Mutiny by Jessica Taylor
The Syren’s Mutiny Synopsis
“It’s frightful bad luck to have a woman aboard.”
Brigid knew the superstition, but when her father tried to marry her off, she had no choice but to stowaway on a ship bound for Bhodheas. When she’s discovered and discarded, her fate seems sealed…until she’s saved by the ocean and its queen.
Transformed into a syren and given new life, Brigid now has the power to seek revenge on those who wronged her.
Caelum has spent his entire life trying to help those who couldn’t help themselves. After years suffering the cruelty of his pirate father, saving others from a similar fate was ingrained in him. But when he’s unable to save a young girl from being thrown overboard for hiding away, he’s devastated.
Until one day, when he’s thrown into the water by unforeseen forces, he comes face to face with the past, and maybe, with his future.
But there’s a darkness lurking on the seas they both call home. And Caelum and Brigid have no idea just how intertwined their stories really are.
Kindle Edition 361 ♥ Pages Published November 2022 ♥ Sailor House Press
Thoughts I had while reading The Syren’s Mutiny
I’ve actually been dying to read this. I mean, that title, the cover.. how could I not? When Jessica Taylor had a post about it being on sale via Kobo, I knew it was time.
Spoilers sweetie, if you don’t want them, skip ahead to my Final Thoughts.
- One way to suck me into a book almost immediately is a woman killing a man.
- “But I was a syren. And he was just a man.” Damn Brigid.
- Syren’s with anxiety. Interesting.
- I’m not sure about the Syren Queen, Cliodhna. I don’t trust her. Otherwise, they seem like your typical group of syrens.
- This girl doesn’t really seem like she wants help but ok.
- I was wondering if they had human forms. And now I wonder if they ever go on land. What’s the limits on these human-like appearances?
- Sorcha is an inquisitive girl. I like it. I got questions, she’s got questions.
- Yes, tell me about this boy Brigid and if you are going to track his ass down.
- I was expecting the transformation to syren to be more climatic.
- Caelum is going to be on one of these ships.
- I’m kinda surprised Sorcha decided to stay, with a beau and all this innocence talk.
- Caelum was on a ship. Whoop. (14%)
- I don’t see Cliodhna being too pleased with Brigid’s actions right now.
- We got a dual POV happening. Let’s see what this Caelum is all about.
- He doesn’t seem overly surprised about discovering “mermaids” or people looking for one.
- Murder first, ask questions later.
- These syrens don’t do a very good job cleaning up after themselves. What is this mission Caelum was on anyways?
- These two got some shitty parents.
- Idk how I feel about this. I’m digging the plot but I don’t really like Brigid or Caelum.
- You’re a fucking fish out of water Brigid, you do need Caelum’s charity.
- How does a syren take care of their needs anyways?
- The Robin Hood of pirates.
- Was Brigid supposed to marry Caelum’s father? Awkward.
- I mean she’s pretty spry for a fish out of water.
- Is Cliodhna in kahoots with Kellen? (45%)
- Is this one of those slow burn type romances I’ve heard about?
- Kellen knew what Brigid is. Even calling her by her real.. species. Syren, not mermaid. I’m convinced he knows Cliodhna.
- Ngl, I thought Caelum was going to be severely injured there for a hot minute and we were going to discover he was part syren. Im still not crossing out the possibility either. (66%)
- Iain gives up secrets pretty quick.
- That woman Kellen is selling boys to is definitely Cliodhna.
- Knew it.
My Final Thoughts on The Syren’s Mutiny
I want to preface this by saying, this book was just not for me. If I was thirteen years old again, The Syren’s Mutiny would have been an absolute delight to read. For Tayor’s debut, it’s good. To me, The Syren’s Mutiny is a children’s book though, I would have loved this as a kid.
Rating The Syren’s Mutiny by Jessica Taylor
Buy The Syren’s Mutiny
Purchase : amazon ♥ chapters/indigo ♥ barnes&noble ♥ kobo
Jessica Taylor : goodreads ♥ webpage ♥ instagram ♥ tiktok ♥ twitter ♥ facebook
Leave a Reply